As a brick and mortar business within Southern California, we believe in giving back to the community with the products that we produce and are dedicated to supporting our community with collaborative efforts, education, partnerships and charitable donations.
If you represent a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) organization and would like to request wine donations for your charitable event, please review the selection criteria and completely fill in the form below. Please note, we receive many requests per day and as a small winery can only support a very few organizations.
However, please conciser booking a Fundraising event at Koi Zen Cellars. Click HERE for details.
Please be aware that as a winery, we must respect all California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) laws. A nonprofit is required to furnish proof of a daily license from the ABC prior to its event.
Due to ABC rules (or regulations), Koi Zen Cellars CANNOT donate gift certificates or merchandise for raffles or auctions.
At Koi Zen Cellars, we DO support
- Educational, environmental, humane and scientific organizations
- Health and human service providers including children’s organizations
- Religious groups (all denominations)
- Cultural and artistic institutions
- Membership groups such as business associations
- Family foundations
Unfortunately, we CAN NOT support
- Groups that are not a 501c3 or 501c6 nonprofit organizations.
- Events co-sponsored, hosted, or associated with an establishment that has an existing liquor license
- Networking events, mixers or conferences. Aside from a few local associations or groups that Koi Zen Cellars is currently an existing member
- Events hosted by a retail company to bring attention to the organization itself, its products or its services (i.e. grand openings)
- Any form of Raffle or Auction
Restrictions and Legal Requirements
Please read all restrictions and requirements prior to submitting you request.
- If your event is under 60 days away it will be declined.
- If the donation request is made by anyone other than a representative of the benefiting charity, it will be declined.
- We can only donate wine to groups in CA what have pulled a temporary “daily license” under the non-profit’s name from the CA State ABC office.
- You can pull a 1-Day liquor license for you event here: Form Instructions Daily License Form
- We cannot donate wine outside of California.
- Due to budget restrictions, not all donations that follow these guidelines will be approved.
- All donations must be picked up at the Winery during normal business hours.
- Reminder: we do not offer monetary donations, provide financial support, sponsorships, or raffle items.
So are you a 501c(3) or 501c(6) non-profit working to spread community compassion and seeking Koi Zen Cellars support to help your cause?[contact-form-7 id=”698″ title=”Donation Form”]