As a brick and mortar business within Southern California, we believe in giving back to the community with the products that we produce and are dedicated to supporting our community with collaborative efforts, education, partnerships, and charitable donations.
If you represent a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) organization and would like to have a “RAISE A GLASS SIP AND SUPPORT FUNDRAISER” at the Tasting Room for your charitable event. In general, we will donate 1/2 of all tasting fees and 20% of all wine sales (minus tax and merchant fees) back to your organization when you host a fundraising event at Koi Zen Cellars.
Due to ABC rules (or regulations), Koi Zen Cellars CANNOT donate gift certificates or merchandise for raffles or games of chance.
We receive over 30 requests for donations each week and our policy is to donate a Private Wine Tasting Package for 8 people in our Winery which can be reserved at our tasting room. The package includes:
- A printed certificate with envelope describing the donation
- A private tasting flight of 5 wines for a group of 8 people at the winery
- A light cheese and cracker tray with fruit and nuts
- A wine education on the “Zen of Wine Tasting” during your flight
- And a coupon for 10% off purchases that day
- The total value is $300 and expires 1 year after receipt
If you would like to obtain this donation:
- Please visit the winery during normal business hours
- Provide a copy of your 5013C determination letter
- Provide a printed description/flyer of the event or cause
- The person picking up the donation, receiving and redeeming the donation must be at least 21 years of age.
Koi Zen Cellars will also sell qualifying organizations wine at wholesale prices which are 30% off retail. Due to the restrictions of our license, we are unable to pour wine for sale at your event, you must use a licensed caterer for that. Please call the winery if you are interested in purchasing wine for your event.