As a brick and mortar business within Southern California, we believe in giving back to the community with the products that we produce and are dedicated to supporting our community with collaborative efforts, education, partnerships, and charitable donations. We have edited this now due to COVID-19 Here is how we can help your organization.
If you represent a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) organization and would like to have a “VIRTUAL WINE TASTING FUNDRAISER” we’d be happy to help. Here is how it works:
- The organization will sell tickets for $40 (suggested). This includes 1 Koi Zen Cellars Wine Tasting Kit (5- 2 oz bottles of wine – its the equivalent of 2 glasses), a package of breadsticks, one chocolate, tasting notes, and a 90-minute presentation by Koi Zen Cellars Winemaker or Sommelier.
- Fundraiser event tickets are created by Koi Zen Cellars and guests register and pay through Koi Zen Cellars website.
- Tasting kits are prepared week of the event and delivered to one location for distribution or may be picked up at the winery during open hours.
- Koi Zen cellars will receive $20 +tax (total of $21.55 per kit) and the remainder of the ticket sales goes directly to the organization.
- Fundraiser guests will receive a unique discount code to be used for additional bottle sales valid for 1 week from the event date. Koi Zen Cellars will donate to the organization 25% of all additional wine sales (minus tax and merchant fees) for one week after the Virtual Event.
- Minimum 30 people required.
- Benefits: Organization does not need to collect money, nor do they need to organize the Virtual, Koi Zen Cellars does it all to make your life a bit more Zen.
Donations: Due to ABC rules (or regulations), Koi Zen Cellars CANNOT donate gift certificates or merchandise for raffles or games of chance.
We receive requests for donations each week and our policy is to donate a Private Wine Tasting Package for 6 people at our Winery (Currently outdoor seating only) which can be reserved at our tasting room. The package includes:
- A printed certificate with envelope describing the donation
- A private tasting flight of 5 wines for a group of 8 people at the winery (COVID-19 Update ) these are only available on SUnday afternoons in our outdoor seating area) A wine education on the “Zen of Wine Tasting” during your flight
- And a coupon for 10% off purchases that day
- The total value is $275 and expires 1 year after receipt
If you would like to obtain this donation:
- Please visit the winery during normal business hours
- Provide a copy of your 5013C determination letter
- Provide a printed description/flyer of the event or cause
- The person picking up the donation, receiving and redeeming the donation must be at least 21 years of age.
Koi Zen Cellars will also sell qualifying organizations wine at wholesale prices which are 30% off retail. Due to the restrictions of our license, we are unable to pour wine for sale at your event, you must use a licensed caterer for that. Please call the winery if you are interested in purchasing wine for your event.