Koi Zen Cellars has given back over $50,000 to the local community!
As a brick and mortar business within Southern California, we believe in giving back to the community with the products that we produce and are dedicated to supporting our community with collaborative efforts, education, partnerships, and charitable donations. We have edited this due to COVID-19, and currently are bringing back a few tried and true classics. Here is how we can help your organization.
In Person Wine Tasting Fundraiser at the Winery
You must represent a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) organization to have a “IN PERSON WINE TASTING FUNDRAISER” Here is how it works:
- The organization may choose to sell tickets to include a flight of 5 Koi Zen Cellars Wines or one glass of wine and anything else the organization wants to include – food, entertainment etc.
- The Organization may choose not to sell tickets and have their guests purchase a FUNDRAISER TASTING for $12. The Organization will receive $5 of each Fundraiser Tasting Flight or First Fundraiser Glass. Koi Zen keeps $7 to cover cost of wine, tax and cc fees.
- Koi Zen Cellars will offer the space of the winery for 3 hours FREE + 30 minutes set up. We will also have a registration table for guests to sign in.
- Koi Zen Cellars will donate back 20% of additional wine sales from the event. (minus tax and merchant fees)
- In Person Fundraisers are typically held on Sunday afternoons or Thurs Evenings.
- Note: A minimum of 20 people is required to qualify.
- Please call 858-381-2675 or email Events@koizencellars.com and we will reach out to you.
Virtual Wine Tasting Fundraiser (Call for availability, now that we are more open)
You must represent a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) organization to have a “VIRTUAL WINE TASTING FUNDRAISER” Here is how it works:
- The organization will sell tickets for $40 (suggested). This includes 1 Koi Zen Cellars Wine Tasting Kit (5- 2 oz bottles of wine – its the equivalent of 2 glasses), a package of breadsticks, one chocolate, tasting notes, and a 60-minute presentation by Koi Zen Cellars Winemaker or Sommelier.
- Fundraiser event tickets are created by Koi Zen Cellars and guests register and pay through the Koi Zen Cellars website (a custom event link will be provided).
- The tasting kits are delivered to one location for distribution or may be picked up at the winery during open hours.
- Koi Zen cellars will receive $20 +tax (total of $21.55 per kit) and the remainder of the ticket sales goes directly to the organization.
- Fundraiser guests will receive a unique code to be used for additional bottle sales valid for 1 week from the event date. Koi Zen Cellars will donate to the organization 25% of all additional wine sales who use this code (minus tax and merchant fees) for one week after the Virtual Event.
- Note: A minimum of 25 people is required to qualify
- The organization does not need to collect money,
- Koi Zen Cellars coordinates the entire event,
- The educational program is engaging and top-notch lead by a wine expert,
- The organization is paid promptly within 2 weeks after the hosted event.
- Koi Zen Cellars does all the work – your organization benefits.
Making Your Event a Success:
While Koi Zen Cellars does all of the coordination and logistics, It is the ORGANIZATIONS responsibility to promote, excite, and get as many people as possible to register for the event. The more registrants, the more money back to the organization. We recommend advertising the event a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the event and sending our reminders a minimum of every week.
Direct Wine Donations:
Due to the California Alcohol Beverage Control rules and regulations, Koi Zen Cellars CANNOT donate gift certificates or merchandise for raffles or games of chance.
AUCTION CERTIFICATES: We receive a huge amount of requests for wine donations each week and our policy is to donate a Private Wine Tasting Package for 8 people at our Winery. The package includes:
- A printed certificate with an envelope describing the donation
- A private tasting flight of 5 wines for a group of 8 people at the winery.
- A light cheese, nuts, cracker and chocolate board.
- A wine education on the “Zen of Wine Tasting” during your tasting flight
- And 10% off wine purchases that day
- The total value is $275 and expires 6 months after receipt.
If you would like to obtain this donation:
- Please visit the winery during normal business hours
- Provide a copy of your 5013C determination letter
- Provide a printed description/flyer of the event or cause
- The person picking up the donation, receiving and redeeming the donation must be at least 21 years of age.
Koi Zen Cellars will also sell qualifying organizations wine at wholesale prices which is 30% off retail. Due to the restrictions of our license, we are unable to pour wine for sale at your event, you must use a licensed caterer for that.
Please call the winery if you are interested in purchasing wine for your event.